Monday, June 22, 2009

Just Fixin' to Say...


... "have a Happy Father's Day!"

This is the card I made for Tim this year. I used the "Fall-to Layout #47" sketch from the Clean & Simple blog. If you're not familiar with this blog, they have the best sketches and ideas for quick 'n easy cards!

I colored this plumber dude with Copics, trying to match the color scheme of the DP. I didn't have the perfectly matched colors, but was able to come pretty close by coloring over colors with grays to darken them up a bit.

The saying is computer-generated, and while the sketch doesn't call for it, I stamped and cut out the little screwdriver, because I thought it looked cute, and it went with the screw brad.

Well, speaking of "fixin'"... I was going to post this card yesterday, but our computer crashed in the morning, and I spent the rest of the afternoon trying to restore everything. I still have programs to reload, updates and service packs to download, and I have to get the Hambo mail system working right again. I lost my spreadsheets, which is one of the most frustrating things. Of course I had them backed up -- saved to a disk -- but when I try to restore them, they don't seem to be on the disk any more! This can't be right... unless they were already affected by the computer problems prior to saving, and I ended up backing up a tainted copy?? So I will spend a LOT of time trying to reconstruct all my records from the printouts I have, if I'm not able to find them on the disk. Sigh...

And ... Tim left this morning, heading for work in NC. (Melissa, he promised to wave as he passes!) Of course everything goes wrong just before he leaves, so now I get to try to figure things out on my own. Our washing machine is about to quit too, so I'm once again doing "laundry triage" -- trying to figure out which things MUST be washed next, since every load I do could very well be the last for a while. Oh well, sometimes you just have to laugh and do the best you can!

I hope the week has started off better for the rest of you! Thanks for stopping by. :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh dear, computer crash and laundry triage and no Tim? Things don't sound too good on your end.
    Love your card though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card....you matched the colors perfectly.

    Wow...its always the way...when your other half leaves is when you need them the most... Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card, of course you know I love that image, and the colors are great! Also love the screw brad & cut out hammer! Too cute!! Hey and fyi, I just tagged you on my blog. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card~ I love the added touches with the screwdriver and screw brads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That DP is perfect for this card!!

    ReplyDelete

The opinions expressed here are solely those of the blogger, and should in no way reflect poorly on anyone other than the blogger's parents who are ultimately to blame.

Agree? Disagree? Bored and need a friend? Let us know what you think!