Tuesday, July 7, 2009

It Stinks Alright!


This is a VERY late birthday card for a friend, so the "It Stinks" sentiment is perfect. I missed her special day alright ... perhaps even the special month. But some people look at it that late cards help prolong a birthday celebration, so if that's the case, my bad memory was a big favor to her!

I used another "Clean & Simple" layout for this card ... this one numbered "Sketch 49". My color scheme was determined by the striped DP ("Legacy Stripe/Quilt" by Pebbles) -- which perhaps looks masculine, but there is a faint floral print going across the stripes that helps make it unisex, I think. Besides, the stripes paired well with the skunk, I thought, and the skunk is holding flowers... (A person can justify ANYTHING if they try hard enough!) I also added a little sparkle to the flower centers, another "girlie" thing.

Tune in tomorrow when hopefully Tim will have a card made using a brand new digital image.

2 comments:

  1. Marvelous card, Monica. Love how you match the paper to your image.

    My bday will be in October, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you're saying if I start thinking about it now, I'll only be a couple of WEEKS late??

    ReplyDelete

The opinions expressed here are solely those of the blogger, and should in no way reflect poorly on anyone other than the blogger's parents who are ultimately to blame.

Agree? Disagree? Bored and need a friend? Let us know what you think!