Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hearts & Flowers


Here's another Mother's Day card option, this one using the Clean & Simple Fall-to Layout #86. The hearts and flowers are a combination of chipboard, paper flowers, and buttons. The sentiment is a Hambo Fractured Funny, and demonstrates one of the characteristics of many of these sayings -- it can be used as either sentimental if you use only half the saying, or you can add the second half for a laugh, as I did on the inside of this card:


I've got a good supply of REAL pink flowers in my backyard right now, available in lots of different shades:


I wish the picture did justice to the beauty of these azaleas -- some of them growing up to 6 ft tall. It's so nice to look out the window and be treated to this show. If only it lasted longer!

Hey, and seeing the rocking chair sitting in the little house reminds me of "Lost" which is on tonight -- though if you're a fan, I don't need to tell you that! It's another show that I wish could last longer. I hate that the series is almost over, but am finding these final episodes to be absolutely delicious! I can't wait to see what'll happen tonight!

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Love your use of the chippies on your card..and what a magnificent sight to see in your own backyard! I kill every plant I come near to...so I'll just admire them from afar. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the chipboard pieces on your card. And how beautiful are all those blooming azaleas!! I miss azaleas; I grew up in Georgia where there are tons of them. =)

    Susan C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card...loved the colours and the embellies...thanks for sharing.

    stampin' HUGZ
    Beverley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the photo of your backyard. Your azaleas are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card! Love the chipboard elements and great colors. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cute card! The azaleas make me wanna sneeze, but they are beauti-mous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours you used and the different embellishments. I also like the photo of your garden. It's Autumn here in Australia, so there are not so many flowers now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, and that sentiment on the inside is just too funny!

    ReplyDelete

The opinions expressed here are solely those of the blogger, and should in no way reflect poorly on anyone other than the blogger's parents who are ultimately to blame.

Agree? Disagree? Bored and need a friend? Let us know what you think!