Thursday, July 29, 2010

Yeah, well ... I AM!


Two years ago, the design team had a challenge to use signature stamps on the fronts of cards -- or at least to use them in some way other than a sign-off on the back of a card. (Here's one of the cards I made back then.) I was inspired to do it yet again with the new "I Made This" stamp. This Silly Monkey looks pretty smug, and I can see him saying this!

For this card, I followed the 100th "Clean & Simple" sketch. I stamped & colored the monkey with Copics, and paired him up with some coordinating papers from We R Memory Keepers (the 2-sided "Explore - Tracks" sheet... on sale now at Michael's for 14¢ a sheet!). The scallop was made with a SU corner-rounder punch.

It's fun to find more ways to use a stamp, other than what might have been "intended." AND... it's easier to justify the expense of stamps when we can use them in so many different ways, right?

Well, speaking of justifying a purchase, what if the thing is on sale for a really great price?? For instance, something like the stamps on our SALE page, currently marked 40% off? We have some of the more popular Fractured Funnies, as well as a couple of sets and funny sayings. As I've mentioned often, our Fractured Funnies are examples of versatile stamps, because for many of them, the first half of the saying can be used alone, for a mushy traditional sentiment. So if you have some recipients who love humor, and some who love schmaltz, you're covered!

Our August "Hogs & Sketches" challenge cranks up again tomorrow. I'll be back with a sketch sample, and another fun way to use the latest Hambo designs. Hope to see you then! :)

4 comments:

  1. Yep, you're pretty awesome Monica. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're definitely awesome!! LOL This is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahaha, very funny indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!! I think I need that sentiment! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

The opinions expressed here are solely those of the blogger, and should in no way reflect poorly on anyone other than the blogger's parents who are ultimately to blame.

Agree? Disagree? Bored and need a friend? Let us know what you think!