Friday, September 16, 2011

Sing Your Art Out! - Hambo Customer Blog Hop

I hope you're ready to rock & roll, twist & twirl, and shake & gyrate, because you're about to embark on the "Sing Your Art Out" Hambo Customer Blog Hop! Our hop will be featuring cards inspired by song titles, and we've got some great songs to share with you! Consider the hop like your own little jukebox and see how many of these songs you can sing by heart. And you don't even have to win a dance-off to get a prize! One lucky hopper who leaves a comment at every blog in this hop will win a Hambo shopping spree, so make sure you let us know that you danced on by!  We'll also be awarding one of the card-creators who played along, so if there is one stop that especially gets you up off your chair, let us know they have your vote! Winners will be announced here, as well as on our Hoedown blog on Wed., Sept. 21.

I'll start the hop off with a card that does double duty, because it represents two songs that I know got a lot of airplay in the 80s:


"Uptown Girl" by Billy Joel .... and "Sharp Dressed Man" by ZZ Top. Yep, both of these songs were hits when I was in high school, and I know I've belted 'em out in the shower more than once! My card features the "Dress Up" kids, as well as a portion of the "Sty-lish" pig sentiment. These kids aren't pigs at all (nor is that silk purse!) so I masked off the lower portion of the sentiment and hand-wrote "Stylish". I was hoping that tag looked a little like a price tag, because these designer, paper-pieced duds don't come cheap!

I couldn't stop at just one -- especially when I thought of a card that would tie in with this week's Hoedown challenge:


Can you guess this one? It's "Burning Down the House" by the Talking Heads! The Hoedown challenge this week was to use this House 2 digi image (or any other Hambo image) plus a household item. I chose a candle. I also used a real match to burn the edges of the computer-generated sentiment, so there's a chance I really WILL burn down my house if it wasn't snuffed well enough before I tossed it in the trash.

The complete "playlist" is below, so if you lose step at any point, you can come back here to catch the beat again:

Talk to the Ham - (You're here!)
Gloria
Karin
Debbie
Dawn A.
Bonnie
Jen
Lynn
NoraAnne 
Lindsay
Karen
Libby
Carla
Dawn M.
Paula 
Mary
Jenn
Paige
Marcie
Leslie
Pat
Beverly
Yolanda
Judy

And before you head off, remember that Hambo has a design team call open now. Details can be found HERE.
Now I think the next record is dropping, so hop on over to Gloria's blog to "hear" the next song!  

22 comments:

  1. So AWESOME! Those dress up kids are adorable but I laughed out loud at the house on fire! Great song choice for that your creative genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - you are soooo creative!! I love these! The fire is hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great, love them! The paper piecing on the kids is fab, and I recognized Burning Down the House right away. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cards Monica!!!! Great song choices with your images! I am smiling away and this is only the first stop, it's going to be a fun hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your are very creative Monica! Love your cards! The saying on the house card is too funny! Got to use that on one of my cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny, love the burnt up sentiment on the birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just fantastic! Great songs to go with these wonderful cards.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! Just saw ZZ top perform that in concert a few weeks ago! Freat cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute ..Lovin the dotted dress on Miss Thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! LOVE burning down the house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love them both! The blond hair on the Uptown Girl is colored fantastically. Do I see salon work in your future?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card was a smash hit for both those songs ! awesome job!! and I love the idea with the house and candle another awesome job

    ReplyDelete
  13. Creative and fun! You got me singing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. 80's music is the best, isn't it?! :) Your cards great! That house on fire sentiment is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These cards are super-d-duper! Love it! Awesome Blog-hop!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the house card...I literally starting humming the song as soon as I saw that card muahaha! Good job...now off to see what my fellow cardmakers have done...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Monica...what FUN card and FABULOUS song choices!!! You are just too creative for your own good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the house one, but I thought the song was going to be "The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire!"

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two fabulous and fun cards, Monica!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! Love both of your cards Monica. Your song choices & images are perfect together. Love the burning house & candle. What a fun hop!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, my. I missed the 80s - was already listening to the oldies stations.

    I LOVE the fire! HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE your cards Monica! Great songs!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

The opinions expressed here are solely those of the blogger, and should in no way reflect poorly on anyone other than the blogger's parents who are ultimately to blame.

Agree? Disagree? Bored and need a friend? Let us know what you think!