Friday, May 18, 2012

"Channel Surfing" - A Hambo Blog Hop!!

Thanks for tuning in to today's Hambo "Channel Surfing" Customer Blog Hop!! If you haven't already gathered from the title of this post, today we are using our Hambo stamps to create projects based on TV shows, past & present. I wonder how many of the featured shows were favorites of yours? Keep your remote control handy so you can click thru the "channels" and see! And the best part is that there will be no commercial interrup...... BUY HAMBO STAMPS!!!....tions (ahem) to slow you down.

We'll be awarding two prizes at the end of the hop: a $15 shopping spree in our digi store will be earned by one randomly-chosen hopper who leaves a comment at each of the "channels" along the way, and the second prize, a $20 Hambo site-wide shopping spree, will be awarded to the "Best in (TV) Show" project creator. Those winners will be announced here, as well as on the Hoedown blog post, on Wed., May 23. (Red carpet attire for the presentation is optional.)

So on with the (TV) shows!


Can you guess my show? It's "(Sax) & the City"! And while Carrie, Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte are nowhere to be found, the city, who arguably was the star of the show anyway, is featured. I stamped and embossed the Skyline and Music Notes (rubber stamps), then added the "Monster Sax" digi, colored with Copics. I showed Tim my card and asked him which TV show he thought this was, and his first guess was "Hill Street Blues" -- so there you go, two TV shows for the price of one. :)


(Oh dear - one of those awful "Emergency Stamping Network" tests. Sorry!)

As you know, you can't channel surf without hitting reruns of something! Here is a rerun of mine, that was featured on the blog once before, but fits this theme so well I had to DVR it to play back today:


I always loved the Brady Bunch and still crack up at this "hamage" to it! This card uses several of our pig rubber stamps, along with the "Hogs & Kisses" sentiment.

So now that you've got the couch warmed up, click on over to the next show in the schedule, over on the Sandy network. And just in case your cable goes out along the way, here is our TV guide to help you: 

Talk to the Ham - (YOU ARE HERE)
Sandy
Paula
Carolyn
Deborah
Karin
Jenn
Pat
Dawn
Jan
Carolina
Mary
Beverly
Melissa
Judy

Enjoy the show(s)! 

22 comments:

  1. Ok, I can't even take how awesome you are! I wanted to do the Brady Bunch (my post even mentions it...Best. Show. Ever.), but had no ideas. Thank goodness, because you rocked it :) Love your punny Sax & the City and Sha-ma-zing test pattern as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha...you are so very clever! squealing with delight over here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the first card, and laughed as the second card took me back in time!
    Thanks for the inspi-(buy hambo stamps)-ration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all just adorable! You are so creative Monica!! What a fun hope theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I loved each of your cards, what a fun step back in time with the Brady Bunch and the emergency broadcast too funny. I'm loving all the Hambo Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha! Those are all fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monica your cards are AWESOME!!!. Sex and the city is one of my favourite shows, but I have the tell the Brady Bunch card is AMAZING!!!. Ha Ha Ha, the blog hop just started for me and I'm already laughing!!! What FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a hoot!! Love all three of these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! I love them all! Fantastic... That emergency interruption is hilarious! And I'm glad I didn't do the Brady Bunch! Almost did... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That "test" card is so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving all of your creations! I especially love the Brady Bunch one...so many pigs..so little time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE that pig "rerun". I thought it was that game show with the tic-tac-toe when I first saw it. But Brady Bunch fits too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Monica! These are priceless! I love the dark skyline with the SAX player! And then the Brady Bunch-HILARIOUS!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bwaahahahahahahahaaaa!!
    Oh how I "needed" this this evening! You have no idea how great these **giggles** feel! (And there is no way I can choose a fave from these either!)

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha, ha. Love them both! But the piggy Brady Bunch is my favorite. Love reruns!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both of these are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Monica, I love your cards!!!! SO creative!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so creative with these themes!! Love them all, but the Emergency Broadcast System is brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks so much for such a fun hop! I loved all the creations and the t.v. shows. So much creativity in this hop. I've had a lovely afternoon looking at them all. Would have liked to join in sooner but thrilled to be able to hop around today. Well done Hambo and all the bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Monica! Sorry I wasn't able to join in your TV hop, because it's a fantastic theme!! I am just now going over to see everybody's creations and I can't wait! Meanwhile, I leave your blog chuckling as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love both these cards! Too cute! Love the take on both TV shows but the Brady Bunch especially using the pigs!

    ReplyDelete

The opinions expressed here are solely those of the blogger, and should in no way reflect poorly on anyone other than the blogger's parents who are ultimately to blame.

Agree? Disagree? Bored and need a friend? Let us know what you think!