Friday, May 24, 2013

Battle of the Bands! - Hambo Blog Hop

Calling all groupies: It's the Hambo "Battle of the Bands" blog hop, and we've got your back-stage pass!!

Today, the Bacon Bits, along with some Hambo friends, have a great concert line-up in store for you. Using Hambo images, we are creating cards or projects that represent the name of a band. This could be a current or now-defunct band, a Music Hall of Fame band, or even one that was a one-hit wonder.

Besides all the inherent fun in seeing this diverse group of musical acts we've put together, we've also got some prizes to hand out for jamming along with us. A $15 shopping spree in our digi store will be awarded to a randomly-drawn groupie who leaves a comment at each of the blog stops along the way, and a $20 Hambo site-wide shopping spree will go to the band manager (a.k.a. project creator) chosen by the Bacon Bits as our "Best in Show" participant. Though we appreciate comments any time, the deadline for prize-consideration comments is Sunday, May 26 at 5:00PM CST. We'll reveal the winners on this blog, as well as on our Hoedown blog, on Wednesday, May 29 ... so don't forget to check back!

Now it's time to raise your lighter for our opening act... HOLE!




For some reason, I kept thinking of one-word band names to represent: Queen, Metallica, Radiohead, Hole... While Hole was never one of my favorite bands, I did quite like the song "Violet" back in the day...

For this card, I used a combination of rubber stamp & digi images. The "hole" is one of the craters from our "Moonscape" digi background. It was printed directly onto the kraft paper, and then I cut the hole out and popped that layer up so that there would be an actual hole you could drop something into. (Wait, where did my keys go?) I paired the Dirt Pile and "The Dirt" rubber stamps (plus the little Art Impressions grass stamp ... ssshh!!) to complete the scene.

As is often the case, I couldn't stop with one, so another one-named band follows.... 
BLUR!


One of the fun things about using digi stamps is that they're easy to manipulate. Here, using our Racecar digi image, I was able to actually blur the images before I printed them. I DID color them first on the computer, blurred everything, printed, then trimmed the images out. I thought the "Time Gone" rubber stamp sentiment was perfect, because if you ask someone "Where has the time gone?" a common answer is "I know, it's been a blur!" 

Incidentally, since this is band #2, how about a little taste of Blur's music with "Song 2"?

Now it's time for the next band to take the stage, so head over to Sherry's blog! If you get lost along the way, the complete band line-up is below. And if anyone asks, just tell them "I'm with the band."

Talk to the Ham - << You are here

Sherry

Lyn

Kecia


Deborah



Isha
 

Lori 



Kendra

Judy

Happy hopping! :)

17 comments:

  1. LOL!!! I love it!! The Blur is perfect! Brilliant to do that before printing... You had me guessing for a minute on Hole. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You totally rocked your bands with these, Monica! I LOVE the blurred cars (I almost used that image for the band, Cars! I had way too many ideas and bands!). Super fun designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE these!! - Hole, Now that is funny! I'm rocking out to Blur as I type. I too had a few bands going through my mind as I looked through all of my stamps and the ones in the store. I thought about Bread(toaster), Prince(Frog Prince), and Three Dog Night(Pick any Three Baileys) But in the end, I just love my beasts!!!This is such a fun hop!! Thanks for such a blast! ROCK ON!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog themes!! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a fun blog. The projects are wonderful, but the connection to the bands made me LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your image and I had a great time hopping and creating and of course singing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two funny and fun cards, Monica! I feel old because I never heard of either band, lol! I think I dated myself choosing the band I did! Love how you stamped the "hole" on kraft, and how you blurred the digis on card 2. Thanks for sponsoring another fun themed hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL... Monica your sense of humour has me in stitches, sooooooo funny. Never heard of the Hole, but how genius to use the moonscape crater. As uaual, a fun and thought provoking challenge, just loved thinking of all the possibilities. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't hear of either of those bands, but I like what you did to created them. Clever idea with the blurred racing cars, and the hole idea - just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You so nailed it for both bands! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun cards Monica, great hop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. One word: GREAT!

    No, I can't stop with just one word. I'm loving the dirt on the kraft, and the colors on Blur are so fun!
    Love your sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those cards Monica! You are so ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun takes on both bands! You have me laughing :>)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Monica, such fun cards. What a clever way to make the hole and the blur! Thanks for a great hop!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great cards Monica!!! This was such a fun challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun cards Monika. I am really bad with bands, so for me this is learning something new :) Thanks for the adventure!!!

    ReplyDelete

The opinions expressed here are solely those of the blogger, and should in no way reflect poorly on anyone other than the blogger's parents who are ultimately to blame.

Agree? Disagree? Bored and need a friend? Let us know what you think!