Friday, September 20, 2013

Hambo Time Machine - Blog Hop!

Step into the Hambo Time Machine and go back with us to a time of silliness & decadence; glitz, glamour and NEON; big hair and parachute pants. That's right ... we're going to the EIGHTIES!!!

The Bacon Bits, along with some Hambo friends, have used Hambo images to create iconic moments in time from the decade of the 1980s. You might see songs, movies, TV shows, or even something else from the era represented. How many do you recognize? Hop along with us and see!

As usual with our hops, there are prizes to be won: a $15 shopping spree in our digi store will be awarded to a randomly-drawn time-traveler who leaves a comment at each of the blog stops along the way, and a $20 Hambo site-wide shopping spree will go to the creator of the project voted "Best in Show" by our Bacon Bits. Though we appreciate comments any time, the deadline for prize consideration comments is Sunday, September 22 at 5:00 PM CST. We'll reveal the winners on this blog, as well as on our Hoedown blog, on Wednesday, September 25 ... so don't forget to check back!

Now buckle your seat-belt as we flash back to 1983 to an iconic movie, which not only gave us a terrific soundtrack, but sparked a fashion trend...



FLASHDANCE!

Jennifer Beals played a welder by day, and a dancer by night. Remember the droopy sweatshirts? I'm pretty sure we owe that fad to this movie. The first time I ever saw break-dancing was a street-scene in this movie as well, and I was amazed that bodies could even move that way. Popular songs from the movie included "Maniac" by Michael Sembello and the title song "Flashdance... What a Feeling" by Irene Cara.

For my card, I used Hambo's Sweat Hog rubber stamp, along with the Stage background digi stamp. The pig appropriately wore leg warmers already, and I used a pen to draw in the sweatshirt over the leotard before I colored it.

Where in time will we go next? Click on over to SHERRY to see! And if you get lost or experience turbulence during the trip, the complete itinerary is below. Happy Hopping!

Talk to the Ham - (you are here)
Sherry
Lyn
Kecia
Deborah
Deanne
Lisa 
Kendra
Judy

16 comments:

  1. Monica,this is absolutely a hilarious take on that wonderful movie! I can see her dancing and I love the songs from that movie. Thank you for the memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA!! The hair is just so fun! I love this with the stage!!
    I did this song at a HS I was teaching at in AZ and we played kazoos. One of those "I wish a hole would open up and engulf me" moments.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure this hop is going to need a soundtrack with it...or at least I"m going to have a bunch of earworms today! lol....I can just see a pig in legwarmers doing this dance! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Monica. Perfect for the 80's theme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved that movie! Love the hair you added too! Now "Manic" is stuck in my head! Let's hope the next stop gets it out haha! Great card!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey that looks like my aerobics class last night, lol! Monica, this is FABULOUS! Love love her hair. Now I need to rent that movie and watch it again. Great job! Thanks for another fun themed hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HaHa Love the hair! And how your sweatshirt is drawn with the shoulder out. Cute! Thanks for a great HOP! It brought me back to a fun time in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute!! Love the hair, and the legwarmers!! Remember the legwarmers! Perfect for the 80's!! Thanks for the fun hop and for inviting friends to join :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your card made me chuckle. The legwarmers and sweatshirt are perfect for the image.

      Delete
  9. O.M.G....the hair is hilarious!!!! magnificent Monica!!!! boy do I remember this!!!!great card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehe! I have a huge smile on my face looking at your card. What a feeling! What a card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was my favorite card of the hop! I am still smiling at that cute pig! The hair is such a fun touch!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  12. How funny, you know I love your pigs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this! One of my favorite songs "back then!" This was perfect and I love the added hair! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card! I love how you added the shirt! I saw the movie with my sister back in the day! www.craftykards.blogspot.com http://facebook.com/CraftyKards43

    ReplyDelete

The opinions expressed here are solely those of the blogger, and should in no way reflect poorly on anyone other than the blogger's parents who are ultimately to blame.

Agree? Disagree? Bored and need a friend? Let us know what you think!